Open positions within the Division of Continuing Studies are listed below, but we are always happy to accept resumes.
Continuing Studies at the University of the Arts is currently seeking part-time instructors to facilitate meaningful learning in Continuing Education, Pre-College Programs and the Professional Institute for Educators. Part-time instructors in the Division of Continuing Studies are non-ranked and do not have faculty status.
An instructor is contracted to teach a Continuing Studies course and is responsible for the following:
- Develops course syllabus and student supply list
- Completes and submits all required materials including syllabus, requests, contracts, attendance rosters and grades / student evaluations
- Sets tone for the class, establishing guidelines and protocols for behavior and classroom activity, and provides instruction that meets the needs of all learners
- Executes responsibilities according to Continuing Studies policy
- Returns telephone calls and email messages from program administration in a timely manner
- Ensures that quality of student work is strong, appropriate and meets the expectations set forth in the program brochure
- Contributes ideas for improving current class or creating new initiatives, and is effective at resolving challenges that arise in their classroom
- Attends a mandatory faculty meeting annually
- Bachelors degree in relevant field, Masters preferred
- 3-5 years professional level industry and/or teaching experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Genuine interest in working with students and helping them to develop their knowledge/skills
- Proficiency in applicable software concepts and tools
Interested, qualified applicants should submit letters of application and resumes to:
The University of the Arts
320 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Attn: Part-Time Instructors
Note: Applicants must be able to show work samples and – preferably – student work as well.