This course is designed to start from the ground up, covering the very basics of audio so that even the most inexperienced students can gain an understanding of how to record music.
What will you learn in this course?
• Understand the basics of audio conversion
• Feel confident in their ability to make music with Ableton Live
• Become familiar with MIDI functionality
• Understand the fundamental difference between different types of microphones
• Understand the basics of a mixing console
• Be able to edit and mix music using Digital Audio software
What will you do in class?
Supplies + Equipment
Students will need to come prepared with a pair of headphones and a flash drive.
© 2009 - 2017 The University of the Arts