There are no prerequisites for this course; however, to ensure your success, it is recommended that students have an idea, image, sketch, model, or object that they would like to create in bronze.
• Be able to sculpt and model directly in wax
• Understand two different foundry casting methods and processes of lost-wax and sand casting and experience the thrill of first hand bronze pouring
• Know how to TIG weld, grind, and chase silicon bronze
• Fully execute the sculpture with a hot patina finishing method
• Have at least one beautiful, finished bronze sculpture to take home, display in a gallery, or sell to a collector!
• Bring any sculpting tools you may have for wax, clay, or plaster.
• Sketchbook (suggested, for notes, planning projects and idea sketching)
© 2009 - 2018 The University of the Arts