Tuition + Fees
Tuition in Continuing Education at the University of the Arts is listed next to each course on this website. Courses are available for credit and non-credit.
Course fees vary by class and are applied to the specific operational costs incurred by activities in certain classes, studios or labs. Payment of fees mentioned in course descriptions is required at the time of registration and is nonrefundable. Students may need to purchase other materials at their own expense in addition to those provided; supply lists will be available online one week prior to the start of classes
All refunds are less nonrefundable deposits and fees, and are calculated as follows:
Classes (5 or more sessions)
- 100% refund less the $50 nonrefundable application fee for withdrawal five business days prior to the first class
- 80% refund less the $50 nonrefundable application fee for withdrawal fewer than five business days prior to the first class
- 50% refund less the $50 application fee for withdrawal between the first and second class
- 0% refund after the scheduled meeting of the second class
- 100% refund less the $25 nonrefundable application fee for withdrawal five business days prior to the workshop
- 0% refund for withdrawal within fewer than five business days prior to the workshop
Note: It is not our policy to transfer registration from one course to another. Requests of this nature will be processed as a withdrawal, subject to the refund policy above.
Supplies are the responsibility of the student. Supply lists will be available online one week prior to the start of classes and can be accessed by selecting the Syllabus link on the individual course page.
Note: Cash, check and credit cards are not accepted through the University’s departmental resale programs. Materials such as metals, clay and various tools must be purchased with a FreedomPay card. Students wishing to use the University’s Imaging Lab for print output should likewise get a FreedomPay card. You can activate an account directly with FreedomPay and fund it with cash, electronic bank account withdrawal, credit or debit card. Visit FreedomPay on the Web freedompay.com or call 888.495.0222 for more information.