A Usability + User Experience Program
Now accepting applications for our UX Certificate Program. The application deadline is September 14, 2018. The next cohort will begin September 24, 2018. Apply online or contact our main office 215-717-6006.
Design thinking is the new standard. The UX Design Certificate Program provides an introduction to designing user-centered experiences for the web, mobile and beyond. You will navigate the process from collecting research and transferring into a final design. At the conclusion of the program, you'll be prepared for the field with an understanding of best practices and how to design with empathy.
• Classes are designed to support work-life balance — students can work while taking our classes
• An institutional focus on art + design principles infuses the curriculum with a creative approach to design solutions
• UArts students stand out from other candidates entering the field because they learn to clearly present their projects and ideas to clients and co-workers
• Cohort structure helps to begin building a professional network of peers
• High-quality faculty are experts in the field
The program can be completed in three sequential semesters. All classes meet on campus once a week from 6-9 pm. In addition, classes are supplemented with special topic presentations, field trips, and hands-on experiences; students attend 6 presentations or special programs over the course of the program.
Tuition: $600 - $900 per course
Fees: $30 - $40 per course.
Participate in this program to:
Learn design thinking strategies in project development
Use a design process that emphasizes testing
learn how to collect research about end-user needs
Learn to synthesize research and integrate it into your design process
Understand your end users’ real needs—their cultures, their pain points.
- Orientation and Introduction to Design Thinking
One day workshop, including a faculty presentation on history of design thinking, workshop exercises and guest presenters.
- Usability: A Case Study – Finding Solutions
Take an existing product through usability test phase.
- User-Centered Design: Research Phase
Learn about the psychology of design research, how to do client research; synthesizing user research + test to create a design solution.
- Usability and User Experience
Content, Strategy + Research; process + manage a digital project from start to finish.
- Project Management for Creatives
Examine all aspects of digital agency operations from finding the right clients and negotiating-to contract writing basics and effectively scheduling and managing workflow.
- Capstone Project
Students will work with real world clients to take a UX design project through the entire cycle through: research phase, userflow, validation, testing + presentation
|Total Required||13.0||6 courses|