A Usability + User Experience Program
Design thinking is the new standard. The UX Design Certificate Program provides an introduction to designing user-centered experiences for the web, mobile and beyond. You will navigate the process from collecting research and transferring into a final design. At the conclusion of the program, you'll be prepared for the field with an understanding of best practices and how to design with empathy.
• Classes are designed to support work-life balance — students can work while taking our classes
• An institutional focus on art + design principles infuses the curriculum with a creative approach to design solutions
• UArts students stand out from other candidates entering the field because they learn to clearly present their projects and ideas to clients and co-workers
• Cohort structure helps to begin building a professional network of peers
• High-quality faculty are experts in the field
The program can be completed in three sequential semesters. All classes meet on campus once a week from 6-9 pm. In addition, classes are supplemented with special topic presentations, field trips, and hands-on experiences; students attend 6 presentations or special programs over the course of the program.
Tuition: $600 - $900 per couse
Fees: $30 - $40 per course.
Participate in this program to:
Learn design thinking strategies in project development
Use a design process that emphasizes testing
learn how to collect research about end-user needs
Learn to synthesize research and integrate it into your design process
Understand your end users’ real needs—their cultures, their pain points.
- Orientation and Introduction to Design Thinking
One day workshop, including a faculty presentation on history of design thinking, workshop exercises and guest presenters.
- Usability: A Case Study – Finding Solutions
Take an existing product through usability test phase.
- User-Centered Design: Research Phase
Learn about the psychology of design research, how to do client research; synthesizing user research + test to create a design solution.
- Usability and User Experience
Content, Strategy + Research; process + manage a digital project from start to finish.
- Project Management for Creatives
Examine all aspects of digital agency operations from finding the right clients and negotiating-to contract writing basics and effectively scheduling and managing workflow.
- Capstone Project
Students will work with real world clients to take a UX design project through the entire cycle through: research phase, userflow, validation, testing + presentation
|Total Required||13.0||6 courses|