How To Apply
Application Requirements for MEd + Graduate Certificate Programs
• Submission of a completed graduate application form
• Nonrefundable application fee of $60 to be paid by check, money order or credit card. The fee must be payable in U.S. currency and all checks must be drawn on U.S. banks. The University of the Arts graduates are exempt from the fee.
• Official transcripts sent directly from each undergraduate and graduate school(s) attended. Transcripts should be sent directly by the Registrar's Office at the college(s) or school(s) involved to the Division of Continuing Studies (320 S. Broad Street Philadelphia, PA 19102). For transcripts from outside the United States, please refer to the instructions in the transcript section for international students posted on the UArts Admission's website.
• A statement of applicant’s academic and professional goals, approximately two pages long. This writing sample will be used as one of the criteria for evaluating the application. The applicant should state their professional plans, interests and goals.
• A resume relevant to academic and professional experience to include the applicant’s name; address; phone; email; colleges attended with degrees, dates conferred, and grade point average; employment history; professional experience; present employer; and names of references.
• Three current letters of recommendation (not required for graduate certificate applicants)
• GRE scores are encouraged but not required, for all programs. To register for the GRE, go to Educational Testing Service at gre.org. We will accept both the old and new GRE. Official test scores must be sent by ETS to the University. The correct institution code to use when requesting scores is 2664. You do not need a departmental code.
NOTE: These programs do not lead to PA Dept of Education state teacher certification required for entry into most public schools. These programs are designed for K-12 in-service teachers. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.