The University of the arts


Grading + Transcripts


Students are able to access their grades online via The University of the Arts Portal.  All Summer Music Studies students are issued official University credentials granting them access to the Portal and other University services at the time of registration.  Login instructions for the University of the Arts Portal can be obtained here.

Summer 2018 grades will be available on or around August 22nd.


For your convenience and security, all official transcript requests must be made online through the National Student Clearinghouse website. Full details and instructions are available online at

Along with this order process being more secure, the University is now offering official electronic transcripts, which is the fastest and most affordable method to receive your transcript. You can request one copy for yourself, save it and then forward it to as many places as needed. The transcript is official and does not expire.

All questions pertaining to transcript requests should be directed to the Office of the Registrar at 215.717.6420.

Graduate Credit Petition

Students who have completed course work in the Summer Music Studies program earn graduate credit but this has not been reflected on the transcript type issued by The University of the Arts.  SMS students are asked to list their highest university credentials on registration materials but to date have not been required to provide official documentation of these credentials.  If a student would like for his/her official University of the Arts transcript to reflect Graduate Record, please complete the steps below for a Graduate Credit Petition.  In addition to completing the Graduate Record Petition, students will be required to submit a copy of their transcript from universities attended where the highest level degree was earned.

The completion of the Graduate Credit Petition will convert all existing and future coursework taken through either PIE or SMS to be listed on The University of the Arts transcript as an academic level of "Graduate Record" instead of "Continuing Studies."  This petition will only need to be completed one time in order for a student’s coursework to be reflected as Graduate Record.

Download instructions to complete a Graduate Credit Petition here.